As a mom I often get so wrapped up in taking care of others that I forget to take care of myself. While I think this is an admirable quality in mothers it can backfire in a big way. You must also take care of yourself or you will burn out and be no good to anybody, so in the spirit of rejuvenation I am sharing a simple way to boost your mood, and your looks… a great hair cute. So many women get stuck in hair ruts and they never do anything they love, just something safe. Well 2 years ago I took a dramatic step and I am so glad I did, I truly LOVE my hair for the first time in my life and it is was more flattering than anything I had before.
- A good hair cut can go along way, this being said they are expensive so here are some ways to get a great haircut at a fraction of the cost.
- Go to the training school of the salon. Many high end salons do more training with there new hires after they have there license. So these are stylists that have completed cosmetology school and were hired by the salon but are undergoing training in this salons specific methods which means they are much cheaper than a stylist that has been with the company for 2 years and is at the regular salon. You can also request a stylist that is about to finish training to get an even better price. The 2 big salons in Columbus, Ohio are Kenneth’s and Charles Penzone’s. Kenneth’s also offers a referral program at there Academy $5 with each new customer you bring in which is nice.
- Go to a cosmetology school itself. These stylists are not yet licensed but are supervised by an instructor and you can still get a great cut at an even cheaper price. A good one in my town is the Aveda Institute
- Change up your look, even if you don’t want to drastically change you hair length there are lots of different styles you can do within one length that will give you a new feel. I find a new do can often get me out of a rut. If you are unsure on what will flatter your face look for photos of women with similar features or ask a trusted stylist. My current hairstyle by the amazing Dressing Your Truth ladies you can pay $39.99 and get a online hair consult to fit your personality type I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this. Dressing Your Truth changed the way I think about dressing and especially your hair this was life changing, just check out my hair journey pictured above.
- Wash your hair once a month with a cleansing mixture. For dark hair or red heads use equal parts water and apple cider vinegar. Rinse after shampoo but before you condition. For blondes use equal parts water and lemon juice. Both of these mixtures will strip all the hair product build up out and leave your hair squeaky clean. As an added bonus they will bring out your natural highlights red with the vinegar and blonde with the lemon juice.
I hope these tips help. Let me know what your hair tips are…