Summer Strawberry Chicken Salad Recipe #GOWalmart

I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a shopper social amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.
summer strawberry chicken salad

Summer is officially here and that means lighter food and more fresh fruit at my house. One of my favorite lighter dishes is chicken salad. I truly LOVE chicken salad as a great summer salad option and have yet to meet a variety that I do not like. While attending the Walmart Grand Opening in Columbus, Ohio I was inspired by the fresh fruit to create a light and fruity chicken salad. I knew I wanted to include apples and grapes and then I came across a delicious sounding Strawberry Viniagrette. I decided that would be my dressing and of course then I needed to add strawberries too. Chicken Salad tastes best on a croissant in my opinion and the enticing bakery options at Walmart made that an easy addition to my recipe.

walmart 2774 fresh produce

chicken salad ingredients

I found all of the delicious and fresh produce plus the chicken ($1.99/lb) I needed at my new Walmart Supercenter and I didn’t break the bank because they had such great Walmart deals. This chicken salad was super easy to make and turned out light and fruity and delicious, just like I was hoping.

summer strawberry chicken salad recipe

Summer Strawberry Chicken Salad

• 2 cups Shredded Chicken
  • 1 cup Grapes – halved
  • 1 cup Strawberries -diced
  • 1 cup Golden Delicious Apples – Diced
  • 2 Stalks Green Onions – chopped
  • 2 stalks Celery – chopped
  • 1/8 cup Pine Nuts
  • 1/4 cup Strawberry Viniagrette
  • Croissants

shredded chicken

shredded chicken and fruit

Start with your shredded chicken in a bowl and add all the fruit and the pine nuts. Then stir in the dressing and refrigerate, I think this chicken salad tastes better cold. Serve with croissants and enjoy!

summer strawberry chicken salad walmart

The mix of fresh fruit, crunchy pine nuts and slightly bitter viniagrette is perfect and light plus for all those anti-mayo people they can still enjoy chicken salad!

Shane @wsweetnothings  Amy @OrganizerSandy Elizabeth @BDandV and Ellen @ThriftyChicMom

Shane @wsweetnothings Amy @OrganizerSandy Elizabeth @BDandV and Ellen @ThriftyChicMom

About Ellen Peppercorn

Hi my name is Ellen Peppercorn and I am a 32 year old happily married mom to 5 little girls living in Columbus, Ohio. My husband, my five girls and my faith are the most important things in my life, they are my world! After starting That Chic Mom (formerly Thrifty & Chic Mom) five years ago I am happily blogging daily here about all of the things I love… fashion, beauty, family, cooking and all the products that help me be a better mom or make my life easier as a mom.

Comments

1. Betty B. says:

That looks delicious! Going to try this for lunch this weekend!

2. This looks delicious.

3. Amy Trauntvein says:

Ellen, I love chicken salad on Croissants! Your recipe looks so good with that dressing and as a sandwich! Yumm!

4. looks yummy and perfect for summer!!!!!

5. Julie Wood says:

This chicken salad on Croissants looks so delicious. I have a really good chicken salad recipe that I make every Summer and it tastes delicious. I want to try your recipe, and I love shopping at Walmart because they have the cheapest prices!

6. Nicole Dz says:

I love all the fruits this salad has in it, wonder if it would be good wrapped up in a pita. Looks really great. Wonderful summer salad recipe to put out at a family picnic. Love it!

7. Dandi D says:

Yum, I just love summer salads and with strawberries…unbeatable!

8. Tammy S says:

This looks amazing! It’s perfect for on a hot evening when you don’t really want to heat up the house/ I love the idea of adding strawberries. Can’t wait to try this recipe. Thanks!

9. Looks delicious! Thank you for the recipe

10. Shannon says:

This sounds good. Thank you for sharing your recipe with us all.

11. M.Clark says:

Yum, this looks delicious I can’t wait to try it. The added fruit should give the chicken salad a nice sweetness. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

12. I’m going to have to try this recipe, sounds yummy.

13. Amanda Buccieri says:

Definitely going to try this recipe! Simple & it looks delish!

14. Jill Myrick says:

This looks and sounds delicious. I would have never though to add strawberries to my chicken salad.
    This would be perfect for dinner one evening when it’s just too hot to cook.

jweezie43[at]gmail[dot]com

15. Kelley Galyen says:

This sounds delish!! Adding the ingredients to my shopping list!!

16. Gladymar Rodriguez says:

Strawberries and poultry? hmmm I don’t mix sweets and salty things but that looks good lol

17. Priscilla S. says:

This chicken salad looks really unique and delicious. I’ve never tried strawberries in a savory dish.

18. We love to eat chicken and fruit in our family. This is a combination we have not tried but would love to

19. alena svetelska says:

perfect recepie for hot summer day when you want make quick lunch.

20. I’m hosting a baby shower this week and was looking for a good chicken salad recipe. This will be perfect! It is so pretty with all of the fruit. Thanks for sharing!

21. Dana Rodriguez says:

That looks so good! I def want to make this!

22. James Robert says:

This is way different, never had a chicken salad with strawberries and other fruit in it before. Guess I would never know if I liked it or not until I tried it but it is very different